Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wed. Sept.17th

From Teresa...Another good day! At 6:25pm Tami followed some commands. First she "tracked" the nurse with her eyes, then she squeezed the two fingers of her nurse when asked. She was also able to wiggle her toes on her right foot and pushed against her nurses hand with that foot. She wasn't able to repeat it with her left foot, but to respond to any commands made my day! Then, after we left for the nurse shift change ,I understand that she managed to pull out her feeding tube from her nose.(I imagine it felt uncomfortable). So they put a new one in the other nostril. Her hands are anchored further down now. The tests to measure her blood coagulation came back with good numbers. (at least the ones the doctors are shooting for) They will retest again tonight to see if they are holding. She spiked a fever early this morning but after a bath her temp. came down again. They "deflated" the ventilator tube a little to check for inflammation of the throat. so far so good, no sign of swelling. I guess that's it for now.( Happy Birthday Lisa Mackey, from Teresa and Tami!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI im TJ Prickett. My uncle showed me this sight and said he knows tami. he told me and that any positive thoughts were appreciated.
So, as far a as a money donation. i wish i could. but being a minor im not alowwed to see my money due to parental units. haha. trying to get some humor going. but so i figured i would give my sympathy. but at the same time a thank you.
Why? you ask. because reading these this blog has opened my eyes to a different perspective. looking at this I think to myself what a wonderful life i have had so far. Varsity Baseball and Golf at my high school. i realize what i have to lose and what she has lost. But the good knews is as long as she has a fighting spirit which im pretty positive she has, she can get it all back.
i realize some of this may be somewhat negative. but im only a highscholer and im trying to do my best. my Email is tdwg190@aol.com and i always love to meet new people and im really easy to talk to so i would love to talk whenever you like.

Stay positive
TJ

tara sue said...

Hi i'm tara sue from massage envy

What good news i can't believe she's recovered that fast, i thought it would take months for the small commands. yaya, that makes it worth staying at the hospital day in and day out, i know how tiring that can be. Thanks for staying up to write these blogs for us, greatly appreciated.

Tammy i'm so proud of you,knew you were a fighter at work, your doing a great job, keep it up. Kallum my baby has learned to wave and he's waving at the screen for you and playing patty cake.

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
We are relieved to read more good news than bad in your reports now.
My what a fighter Tammy is, we have been keeping up with all the news here in New Mexico. Our thoughts and prayers are with the both of you daily. Keep up the progress Tammy.

Love and prayers
Jeff and Gina Keddy