Thursday, September 18, 2008

GRATITUDE!!!! Tami talks!!! Thursday 9-18-08

Grandma Ann reporting: My hands are shaking - tears of gratitude in my eyes - heart full of gratitude!!! I know she's not 'out of the woods' but she's talking to us. It is difficult and painful for her to talk because her throat is so sore from the monster tube - and we have to listen very carefully. We have pictures of their family and the two girls on the light that pulls down close over her bed. She has looked at them and acknowledged them, but a little while ago she pulled it closer and turned the light ON. The light reflects through the pictures and I think she can see them better. I WILL SHARE A FEW QUOTES: I told her how wonderful Albert has been. . .she said, "He's a good Dad!" She said, "I want food. No more fiber. Diarrhea." We got that message (but they can't give her food until her swallow ability has been confirmed). She said, "I want my girls." We explained that when she was moved to a different room, they could come see her. I told her she was a fabulous Mommy. She said, "I've had good examples." I am anxious to hear what the doctor has to say, but for now we are wrapped in the moment of the joy.

One more thing. . .I said that Devron was anxious to get up here to see her. She said, "Not Marc. He would be sad." We told her he was sad. . but that this morning he was HAPPY because she was doing better. Note to Marc: I will print the notes you have posted and share them with her. When she says she's ready. . .we will get you here. Hang in there Grandpa Dude!

The needs are still there (prayers, financial, medical, rehabilitation and who knows what else) and there may be setbacks. . .but our Tami is doing her "Tami Thing" - being a fighter. NO WONDER WE ALL LOVE AND ADMIRE HER SO MUCH.

9 comments:

tara sue said...

tara sue from massage envy

that is great news that she talks, one less step of recovering and rehabilitation, i've heard of strokes before where they've had to relearn speech.

question? is she able to move both arms?

Anonymous said...

Tami, It is amazing the strength and courage that we all feel from your fight to recover. Even when you are down you are lifting others up with your spirit and love...you are an AWESOME MOM!!!
With love and respect, Uncle Paul.

Anonymous said...

Tears of joy have filled my eyes twice today! I was singing extra praises to Him on my commute to work this morning.
Tami, you are an inspiration!
Teresa, thank you for your constant vigilance!
Albert, your dedication to your family is comendable! May your angel continue to soar.
With continued love and prayers, aunt Beth

Grandma Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
devron said...

I hate to admit it, but I was struggling with my faith in miracles. Thank you Heavenly Father for not giving up on me and showing me that we deserved a miracle.

Anonymous said...

iWhat awesome news! Words are hard to find to express how thrilled we are at this wonderful news. We have been hopeing and this is more than we could have asked for so soon. Teresa you must be on cloud 9--and all the family. With our Love and prayers--Aunt Nan and Uncle Ed

Bonnie said...

We/everyone that has met Tami loves her and are concerned about her. We will all get happier as Tami gets better....day by day!!!!

THANK YOU... Ann, Teresa,Devron & of course to all that has helped!!!

Sent with all due love and respect to ALL that are keeping Tami in their thoughts & prayers!!!!

Beau Scott said...

This is excellent news! WAY TO GO TAMI!

Beau Scott

Rosemary said...

My faith was tested, my heart is full, and my eyes are overflowing with tears. I have learned a lot through this whole thing, and one thing is that I have less faith than I thought I had. I am surely going to work on that now.

God bless everyone that has taken part in this miracle, and I do mean miracle.

Aunt Rosie