Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sun. Sept.14th

From the "mommies' mouth"...It has been 2 weeks since the stroke hit... "my how time flies"...NOT! It's been an interesting journey. The CT scan yesterday showed no new damage. It looked almost identical to Thursday's . But that's OK. The doctor said it was a "massive" stroke, and she will have a long hard road ahead. They, and we , hope her youth will work to her benefit in her ability to recover. Today the ventilator is being dialed down a little at a time to see if Tami can pick up the slack and help breathe on her own. The goal being to remove it completely. She is lifting her eyelids now and then. I don't know if she is able to focus or see us yet, but she is trying. One of the most "encouraging" things for me today was the occupational therapist in her room this morning. She was beginning to work with Tami with some "range of motion" stuff. To my mind that is a step toward "rehabilitation "and a step away from "critical"! YEAH! I know there will still be some setbacks (that is the nature of this waiting game), but today I feel hopeful. Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Teresa. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Please give Tami our love.

Bernie