Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday night Sept.16th

Teresa's report... Hi, I realize people are checking this several times a day and I'm sorry there aren't more updates. Lately the ICU waiting room that I use for your updates has been really busy, and the computer seems to be in use every time I would like to get on. So it's been late in the night when I can get on. Today was another good day. Tami responded to textures and when the doctor pinched one arm she moved a leg. He said that was a good sign because the signal was traveling from one side of her brain to the other. She lifted her right leg quite a bit today, pulling it toward her trunk. She moved both arms a lot too. The left leg is not moving yet. She kept her eyes open off and on all day. It looked like she was focusing, but I still haven't been able to get her to follow a "command". (Then again that's not all that unusual even when she's well) . They removed the IV line in her neck,(right side) where they found the clot yesterday. They put a new line in on the left side of her neck. She has been getting a shot of Heprin (a blood thinner) every day, but today they started it in an IV drip. Hopefully it will help break up the blood clots. The treatment for the lung infection was completed this evening. The lungs are clear now. YEAH!

My dear friends from Lowe's in Vernal sent their love, support and care packages out with LeeAnn today. It was overwhelmingly sweet. I work with some really great people. Thanks! Yesterday I met some great Salt Lake City Lowe's employees. Their kindness and generosity blew me away. They don't even know me yet. I always believed in the goodness of people but this situation with Tami has really brought out the best in everybody I've dealt with.

Then later this evening Tami's bosses at Massage Envy stopped by to see how she's doing and let me know how much they love and appreciate her. I was glad to share my hope that soon she might be on her way out of ICU and up to the rehab. floor. It's hard to be patient and let her go at her own pace. Anyway.... If she can hang in there, so can I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
Thank you so much for your efforts to keep everyone updated. I know that it's hard to get to the computer but I will admit that when I go to bed without an update, I don't sleep. Knowing that Tami is still okay and even making improvements puts me at ease. I can be somewhat at peace if I just know she is ok. So thank you again for all you do, you are an amazing woman.

Donna said...

10/6/08

Tami

I had the pleasure of meeting your grandma Anne she is an angel in my eyes. She brings the best out of people I know this because she did that to me. I look forward to meeting you soon.

I admirer your strength I can only imagine how overwhelming this is for you. Just know this there are a lot of people that care about you and will be there for you.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

You are always in my thoughts

Donna
Dixie Sunshine Village Unit 6