Friday, September 12, 2008

Grandma Ann Reports - FRI - 9/12

Teresa is much better at sharing the technical details. I am going back to St. George later this afternoon and I wanted to leave a note. As you all know it is an emotional roller coaster. I saw her raise her eyelids a bit yesterday in response to a prompt from the nurse. . .HOPE! Then they take out a tube yesterday and have to put it in again today. . . .concern. But, last night the doctor spent some time talking to Teresa and discussing the scan with her (she 'gets' that stuff. . .I don't). I asked her for a quote. . .among other things he said, "no increased damage and some improvement (from the scan 3 days ago)." We'll call that 'hope.'



I want to say again how grateful and humbled I am by the kindness, love and caring of so many family and friends (and friends of friends). I plan to try and modify the blog when I get home (and have the comfort of my own computer) so that we will have info more visible at the beginning about how to make monetary contributions. I will try and keep it simple. I have handed out Kristina's flyers since I have been here. Teresa posted one at the Curves near here.



Albert continues to be a valiant and strong 'Papa.' His family continues in their support. All of you are inspiring. I'm going to go and whisper my love and yours to Tami before I leave. Even though this is a difficult time and hearts are heavy. . .don't forget to watch for those 'gratitude' moments. There are still many instances of joy in most of our days if we pay attention. Love and thanks to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to read the updates about Tami. My heart was so heavy after hearing the news from Albert last week. We have been praying for her.
Apablasa, you sound so strong and mighty, when we talked, Which is great for your little beauties. Hang in there, & we'll keep praying for Tami & a full recovery.

LOVE, Sabrina, Niko & Julien