Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Early morning edition Sept 10th

From the Mommie again... I came in @ 5;45am to see Tami before the 6:30 to 8:30am nurse "changing of the guards". She's still looking better. Nick had her all fresh and clean for the day. They "brush" her teeth with a sponge like thing attached to a suction tube. There is some kind of medicine on the sponge to prevent pneumonia from the germs in the mouth and teeth area. The doctors and nurses have pretty much weened her off of the mannitol (I'm not sure if it's spelled that way but that's what it sounds like to me). They are only using the 23% saline solution to help lower her ICP (inter cranial pressure). The nice thing about that is it has less side effects. They are only giving it to her as needed. Tami will turn 27 on Friday Sept. 12th. I figure when she "wakes up" and knows who we are we'll have a Birthday party of sorts, In the meantime we'll just keep on "keeping on". Now I'm going to go take a nap

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe those of us who are thinking about giving Tami a birthday gift or sending get well wishes could send money to the Fund instead. I was living with Marc and Teresa taking college courses when Tami was born and remember hearing Teresa scream as she came out butt first. What a joy she is. My check is in the mail. Liz

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever prayed longer than I did last night...I think we have caught the lord's attention and he is listening! The slightest bit of progress makes my heart skip a beat and brings so much more hope! Keep it coming Tami!

On another note, only 5 people have emailed me for a copy of the flier...Come on family and friends, I know you want to do more for Tami and her family...I look forward to hearing from you =)
Cousin Kristina Casados

Steph Shaps said...

As each day passes, it seems all I find myself doing is praying for Tami. I know God hears our prayers and is working hard to answer them. My heart is so overwhelmed with sadness. I don't even know how to express my concern and love to the families. They are such wonderful people and with the love that is going out to here from them, I know she can fight this! My deepest sympathy and may prayers going out to Tami and her Family. -Stephanie Iverson