Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday's update

Teresa says... Well some days are more optimstic than others. Yesterday evening she developed some blood clots in both of her upper arms. They are monitoring them and she is on a drug to help thin the blood. (heperin) The left lung is responding to the antibiotics for the infection. The plan for today is to remove the chest tube about 2:00 pm. It was removing fluid on the outside of her left lung.(it goes in near her rib cage.) Not to be confused with the ventilator down her throat. Anyway.... One less thing YEAH! WE were happy to be off the manitol yesterday but today it's helpful again, so they are alternating it with the 23% saline to keep the ICP #'s down.

Yesterday was draining for me because first I cheated myself on sleep. I figured I'd just take a nap later in the day but it didn't happen. Ann and I made some progress with an apt. to get the ball rolling on Social Security Disability for Tami. The meeting took 2 hours. I f it weren't so important for Tami, I would have walked out. Thank God Ann is good at that stuff and could help me deal with it. Anyway.. I realized I was just beat and needed a good hot shower and a full nights rest. So those of you who worry about me will be happy to know I checked into a motel for the night. I feel recharged today.

I think we will have up days and down days, we just need to be patient and let Tami and the staff do their things. Keep Praying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all I want to say how sorry i am for what your family is going through. I am a coworker of Tami's and I only recently heard what happened. I want you to know that her "massage envy family" is praying for her and we are all pulling for her. We, too, know that Tami is strong and we miss her bright shining smile here. We love Tami and hope for the best, nothing short of a miracle. We are all keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for what you are all going through right now. I just found out about it and want you to know that I am thinking about all of you and Tami. I have not seen or talked to Tami in close to 10 years, but she was such a sweet and special friend. Strangely enough, I just had a dream about her a few days ago before I found out. She is a survivor and can get through anything. I send my all love to Tami, Teresa, Travis, and Logan and the rest of their family.

Anonymous said...

My name is Lynn,I guess you could say I'm Tami's new cousin, I married Albert's cousin, Bill. I've only met Tami a couple of times during visits and she is such a seet person, I read the blogs everyday but haven't posted b/c I'm not sure of what to say.It makes me so sad. I'm so sorry this has happend to her, but it sounds like she is a strong person.I'm a nurse and although I work on a cardiac floor. I've seen miricals happen and do believe in the power of prayer.I realize what a difficult time this for the family, but I think it's wonderful that she has such a supportive family beside her. We need to just keep praying, please take care, love,lynn Jimenez