Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Sept.19th

Teresa says... I just met with the lady in charge of rehab on the 12th floor. Good news, we are looking at Tues. for hoping to move Tami up there for the next step in her progress. I can't wait!!! Early this morning the "little turkey",(Tami) managed to pull out her feeding tube again! So they left it out until after a "swallow test" could be done. Just to see if she could eat on her own. She's still not quite there yet, so they just had to put it in again. Bummer... Anyway they will keep testing her each day to see when she can eat on her own. The chest tube is supposed to come out this afternoon, and she's finished with the saline solution for now. Her neck still hurts from when she tore some ligaments in it when she fell with the stroke. Also her lower back and sciatic nerve were bothering her before the stroke. Those are hurting her now after two weeks plus on her back. She is really missing her favorite Dr. Eric Johnson (Chiropractor) that moved to Kentucky. But over all, each day is getting better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so grateful for this blog!You are never far from my thoughts,so I can check all the time without driving anyone crazy.Tami and Teresa,I'm so grateful for your strenth. Praise God !!
Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! I will keep you in my thoughts everyday as you go through this long rehab process. I send you all my love. Kristin Camper

Anonymous said...

wow tami you are an unbelievable woman I am so happy to hear how well you are doing. Good luck