Saturday, September 20, 2008

Morning report Sept. 20th

From the mom.... By yesterday afternoon Tami was getting pretty frustrated with me for not just "pushing" her home so she could get a shower, go to the bathroom on her own ,and have her "dignity". She wants to see her girls. They fitted a helmet to protect her head from injury, so when she asked me to help her stand up and I said her left leg wouldn't support her, she would fall and get hurt. She said "that's what the helmet's for". Albert arrived at the hospital about 11pm. Tami was really glad to see him, (me too). I left them alone so she could tell him how mean I was to her all day.

This morning the doctors noticed some infection in the stitches over her right ear. They have started her on some antibiotics. She had another "swallow test" and did pretty well. (almost good enough to get the bothersome feeding tube out). They will check her again this afternoon. The chest tube didn't come out yet, maybe today....Anyway...more later....Teresa.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about the family arguments. Much better than the silent vigil. Keep up the good work Tami. All my LOVE to you Aunt Liz

Eyelashes by Brandy said...

Oh, my gosh! I am so happy to hear all of this, we've been so worried!
Way to go Tami! I can seriously imagine her saying that remark about the helmet! Tami, you are a fighter and so funny too!
Love you tons! Get better!
Brandy Jones

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

My name is Regina and we met at Curves. You were telling me about your daughter and from blogs it sounds like she is doing AWESOME!!!! I am sorry that I did not get to you on Wednesday like I said concerning the book my mom was talking about. However, I have found it and would like to give it to you and your family as a gift. The title of the book is My Stroke of Insight. It talks about her experience of her stroke and how she dealt with it and her recovery. I would love to meet you at Curves one evening or something so you can receive the book. Please feel free to contact me at 801-651-4952. I am reading the blog and am so happy to hear the imporvement that she has made. She is doing GREAT!!! I wish her and the rest of the family the best. I am surely glad that she was able to see her husband.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our Tami! Soooo glad to have you back chica, can't wait to see you again very soon =) Your strength and courage will never cease to amaze me - love you!! Mother Teresa you are an absolute inspiration - stay strong and know that you are ALL in our prayers...
♥/Madeline

Anonymous said...

Teresa.........
Hi this is Judi from Lowes, sorry I had not gotten in touch with you sooner, I am so hopefull based on your blog that Tami is on a road to getting better. This young lady has(so it seems) gotten her spunk from her mom who tenatiously goes after what she wants.
Please know that the store and all our associates are pulling for her and if there is ANYTHING that we can do Please Do Not hesitate to call.
We miss you and know that you are where you are needed at this time, stay strong and let us hear soon from you.

Judi

Anonymous said...

I am thankfull!!
And happy, even joyful.
The love of family,and friends,
the human spirit that is visable to me(and i'm not there!),the
nurses,doctors,techs,all those who
help and work without recognition,you strengthen my faith! THANK YOU!!!!
marc