Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tues-Sept 9 - Teresa Reports. . . .

Good news this morning. Tami's ICP #'s stayed good all night. They only had to give meds at 7am. It's now noon and she hasn't needed additional. She's hanging in there.

Yesterday they made boots for her feet with lambskin insoles to keep her ankles from going floppy. They also put her on an air mattress pad to prevent bed sores. They were giving her liquid nourishment (like Boost or Ensure). What goes IN is coming OUT and functioning properly. Also, her fluid output is greater than fluid input - which is a good thing because they are trying to flush out excess meds and liquid. Her face is looking less swollen.

We were also allowed to bring in a CD player and play some soothing music. We don't know if it helped Tami but it made the environment nicer.

One thing they are monitoring this morning is - the left lung seems to be functioning less faborably than the right lung. They took an X-ray. . .it wasn't as bad as they thought - they are still deciding whether to put a scope down and look around. They can also suction out congestion if they need to.

When I spoke to her doctor he seemed 'almost' hopeful. . .and that made me feel good.

My sister Becky came out Sunday afternoon and has been hanging out with me. If Tami wasn't so ill. . .it would have been a good slumber party. . . .I enjoyed the visit.

Grandma Ann is here for a few days and we are brainstorming on household mgmnt issues.

Keep praying. . .thanks for all the love and support.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

additional information
I talked to Teresa at 10 am. She told me they were doing some massage therapy and range of motion with her limbs while watching her #'s. So that is better news. She is allowed to stay in the room with her longer and that is a comfort. I asked if there was anything she (Teresa) needed. She is sleeping in her car and she said her needs are minimal and has several offers but wants to be close. What a strong positive person. Our Love and prayrs are with you Sis and Godchild Tami. Liz Rock

Beau Scott said...

Teresa, I have some friends and family in that area. If you'd like I might be able to find a bed for you to sleep in and still allow you to be close to Tami. Shoot me an email if I can help in any way (this goes for anybody with regard to Tami...)

Beau Scott (Dana's son and friend of Tami)
beau.scott@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa,

It's Dana Cook (formerly Dana Scott). I am saddened by this news and would love to give any type of support I can. I live on 4500 S & 3400 East in Salt Lake, just 10 - 15 minutes from the hospital and would be honored to have you stay in our home. Call me @ 597-2342 so we can chat! Give Tami a kiss for me. I'm thinking positive thoughts for you all! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what household management things you need help with, but I would be happy to help with anything I could. We are all so concerned about sweet Tami. She has been such an amazing employee and I have never been treated with so much warmth and caring by someone that didn't know me very well. Our prayers are always with you. Our customers and employees are so concerned and ask about Tami daily. Please give our love to all of her family and of course to her.
-Ashley Price (Massage Envy)