Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Sept.21st

Teresa says... Albert and Logan kept Tami company last night. Logan said that before he left , she wiggled her left toes for him. That's the first movement out of the left foot so far. Today she had both occupational therapy and physical therapy visits. She is doing better each time. I haven't seen the speech people yet today. Tami is speaking more clearly each day. Her sense of humor is still strong. It's hard for her to be patient with herself and give her body time to heal and catch up with her mind.

Albert let her girls see her. Ella was gentle and gave her a kiss. Lilli wasn't sure what to think about the way Tami looked. So she blew her mom a kiss, and told her she loved her. Tami told Lilli she could make her a Birthday cake with sprinkles on it. Lilli liked that idea. They headed back to St. George this afternoon.

The sweet nurse Jeanie was washing Tami's head today and trying to comb out the side that still has hair. I asked Tami if it was ok to let her cut it short to make it easier to deal with. She said yes. Jeanie carefully cut it short. Aunt Devron promised to fix it up as soon as possible. (That's what Devron does for a living.) Anyway...Tami's helmet fit better today and didn't pull as much on her chin.

The physical therapist helped ease the pain in her hip, and I think I actually saw her smile a bit and tease him . That gave my heart joy! She was sore and worn out after all that hard work so the nurse gave her some pain medicine and an ice pack for her neck. She was resting when I left at 6:30 pm.

Lilli and I went to Mass today and thanked God for her mommys recovery so far and asked him to continue watching over Tami and all those who love her . (Also to bless all grandma Teresa'a friends at Lowe's). I miss saying "goodmorning" to each one of you "sleep deprived" early morning friends. Hang in there, and hold down the fort until I can get back and help out again. Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa
I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you and Tami. We are so happy that she is doing so much better. I know that it will be a long hard road for her, but with you by her side, she will make it. We will continue to keep all of you in our prayers.

Thinking of you always!
Duane & Judy Betz

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

Riley nor I have left a comment yet, but want you to know that Tami is always on our minds. I seem to be at a loss for words, which is unusual. It seems so surreal from down here. I'm sure it will get real pretty quick when we get to see her next weekend. I check the blog hourly. Tami is in our prayers and in the prayers in between. Albert let me keep the girls for a few hours last Saturday. It was so great, I can't get enough of them. He was cute. He said, "the first hour was ok, but I didn't know what to do after that." I wish I could help during the work week. We all love Tami, Albert and the girls so much. I am so grateful, however don't know how your are managing it all, that you are there. How wonderful that you can be there. Kiss Tam for us and let her know we will be up on Friday. Patty