Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sat. Sept. 13th

Good morning from Teresa....Tami is scheduled for another CT scan today. The doctors are trying new things to evaluate her abilities. The "cool gard" machine is connected to monitor her core temperature, but it's not turned on. We are hoping she can maintain her own temperature. Yesterday she was coughing on her own. That was a good thing. If she can show that she can "protect her airway" they can remove the breathing tube soon. I'm sure she would feel better without that in the way. (not to mention she could TALK to me) I'm really looking forward to that day! They have taken her off the drugs that paralyze, and are using the pain killing ones.
We are hoping to see more "wake up responses". The doctor allowed me to hold the cell phone up to Tami's ear and let Albert and her girls wish her Happy Birthday. Her eyelids fluttered. I think she heard them. I had it on speaker so I could help talk to Lilli for her mom. Hopefully soon Tami can speak for herself.

My dear friends from Lowe's in Vernal are paying for my hotel room when I CHOOSE to use one. (Since I am over 30 I feel I can make that decision for myself.) Lately with Tami so critical I did not want to be any further away than the parking lot. If I needed to check on her at 3 am. I could. As she gets a little better, I will be able to sleep a little further away from her. So thanks for all your love and concern but please allow me to be an adult. I am doing well, as long as Tami hangs in there, I'm just fine. Please keep her in your prayers.

As soon as the results of the new CT scan are in or new information occurs I'll update.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

itami my sweet angel,
i celebrated your birthday,
and i did it my way....
beverages, music,dancing,talked
with albert and the girls,read
some old letters from you.
you're one of the neatest
people i've ever known! i will
celebrate you every day..when you
read this say marc and i'll be
right there...143 dad

Anonymous said...

From the first day that I met Tammi, I knew that she was a great young women with a heart as big as a mountain. She always greeted me with a smile and sincere sentaments, always soft spoken, and kind. I see how she is such a wonderful mother to her two lovely little girls. I am proud to have her as my grand-daughter.
We have let everyone in our family know about her current situation, and all are praying for her, from California, to Texas, to Virginia, Nevada, Arizona and everywhere in between. Our loving prayers, and strength go out to Tammy, and our thanks and appreciations extended to her wonderful Mom and her Grandma Richardson for all they are doing to help nurture this precious gal and her immediate family.
Grandma Toni

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell Mother Teresa that she is a amazing woman and I got to meet and talk to her when my Uncle Ernie was dying and she comforted him with her words and compassion. I would like to extend that compassion to her from me and my family. Tami is a amazing mother because she has a amazing mother. I wish you the strength to take care of yourself and be there for Tami for as long as she needs you. Thank you Teresa for being there for my uncle and I will keep you in my prayers and believe in the miracle of life.