Tuesday, September 2, 2008

After Surgery

I just got home after a few hours at the hospital. I wanted Teresa to update this because she is so good about remembering all the details, but I will try my best.
Tami's surgery went well I guess. They were able to remove a portion of her skull on the right side so that they could relieve the pressure on her brain. They also put a fiber optic monitor in on the left side to monitor the pressure. Teresa said it makes her look like Cindy Lou Who. It sticks straight out of the top of her head. She doesn't look so hot, and I was not prepared. I guess I thought she would be in the hospital for a couple of days and then she would come home and she would go to rehab to work on her gimpy leg and her arm that wouldn't cooperate. Oh, how I wish that were the case. It is going to be a long road. If I understood the doctor correctly, she could be in the hospital up here in SLC for weeks and there will be months of recovery.
I know she and we could use all the prayers that are offered. Please remember her in yours.

5 comments:

Michael Lloyd Photography said...

Oh our sweet Tami, why has this happened to you? We are just so heart broken for you. One minute you are normal and fine and the next, life is changed forever. You are in our thoughts, hearts and prayers 24/7. We are praying for you to stay here with us all and for your miraculous recovery.
Your Heavenly Father and Savior are very mindful of you and want you to know how much they love you.
We all Love you so much, you are so kind, thoughtful and full of life.
Much Love, Uncle Mike

Kristal said...

Tami, we feel so sad for what has happened to you. We are praying for a fast recovery. Heavenly Father loves you and knows what you are going through.
Love, Kristal and Jason

Phyves said...

Tami,
You are in our thoughts. Please know that we will be praying for you.

Love,
Ben, Jess, Carlie, Connor, and Cameryn

Unknown said...

tami no tears,
you and i have been here before, only i was with you! I remember
suiting up,(gown etc.) every
afternoon entering your unit and
looking across the ward, you standing at the crib rail ,legs in wet bandages, I.V. tube trailing
beside, arms waving to show me the
way,when you read this,I WANT YOU
TO KNOW, YOUR STILL SHOWING ME
THE WAY!(start waving,im there.)
the dude abides...143 marc

devron said...

Marc and Teresa you are champions. Tami is who she is because of you both. The strength the courage the spirit the drive the stubborness. You helped make her the champion she is, and I am so grateful to you. Thank you!!!