Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tues. Oct.14th

From Teresa... This morning Tami walked about 60 feet without a sitting break, and without her left foot aced bandaged up. Then this afternoon she went up and down the stairs twice. (about six steps each way). She also practiced up and down "curbes". I have been cleared to "walk her" with a belt around her waist and her quad-cane. She does well, but it drains her energy.

Speech therapy is working with her memory. She's doing great on that front. Her reading skills seem intact, except the "blind spot" on the far left side. (she needs to train herself to look farther to the left when she thinks she's done.)

Josh streched her arm musels and now they're sore, but hopefully it will wake them up and get them going again.

She is eating well but needs to put back on some weight. This morning without blankets and pillows on the bed she only weighed 96 pounds. We've asked for carrot cake. (500 calories per slice) Anyway...More later ...Teresa

3 comments:

devron said...

I knew she would be amazing. I am so proud of her and all her hard work.I know she will continue to amaze us all.

Anonymous said...

This is for Teresa: Dear friend, you are standing by Tami as Don stood by me in similar, though not as serious, circumstances. God bless you, dear! We sometimes forget to thank the person pushing the wheelchair or holding on to the therapy belt. THANK YOU! Your loving care is beyond mere appreciation. It is downright heroic! Barbara loves you, Teresa!

Bonnie said...

Dear teresa and all of the nurses Dr.s therapists/rehab. people, I agree totally with Barbara (the above comment)you ALL ARE SUPER!!!!

Tami I know you are working your fragile little body to the limit. You may not feel as though your gettin very far but I've heard alot of great things that you have done and are doing.
Keep up the great progress.
I know that...I...thank God every day for all the little blessing he has given us,and I believe you do to. You ...ARE ...a wonderful person!!! Thank you!
You are a true insperation!!
Love ya bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!