Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tues. morning Oct.7th

From Teresa... Yesterday Tami had all 6 of her regular therapies plus an extra half hour of occupational therapy. My brother Paul (a cardiac rehab therapist married to a physical therapist from Grand Junction, CO) came by at noon for a visit. He reminded us how important it is to keep using the breathing thing to keep her lungs healthy and strong. Also for those wondering, people are using the hand disinfectant when they visit, and the leg devices that pump up and help prevent blood clots have been in use.


On Sunday Tami had me get a hold of Devron to cut the half of her head that still had hair. Tami pestered me continually that last hour of her therapy about how soon Devron was coming. Thank goodness , Dev was early and waiting for us as we came out of the gym! She had her clippers ready and Tami now has a nice crew cut that can grow out at one even pace. Dev also gently washed her head with a warm washcloth, and her "nurse of the day" John put on fresh dressings over her stitches. I ran to curves while Dev was with Tami.

Tawyna came by with her little guy Bradley (14 months old). I think Tami enjoyed watching him. She's missing her daughters and looking forward to seeing them weekend after this. Bradley entertained us all.

Then Aunt Rosemary stopped by and massaged Tami's hips, back , and legs. That helped relax her and ease her sore muscles.

Tami's dad Marc is flying in from Florida on Thursday afternoon, and plans to help out with her rehab. He flies back Sun. afternoon. She's looking forward to seeing him, but is afraid he might be a "woose" when he sees her. Oh well, so what if he is. Anyway ...more later... Teresa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to read the news today. You all must be so exausted. Every little bit of Tami's progress is so important to us all. How is the left side doing? Us long distance people wish we could come see for ourselvs too. Lots of Love Tami and Teresa. Say Hi to Marc for me Lizzy

Grandma Ann said...

This is Grandma Ann. . .also Marc's Mom. . .I'm sure Marc will 'have a moment' when he sees Tami the first time. . .and then he will gather himself and be FABULOUS! He loves Tami so much and he has been her caregiver before. . .I think their time together will be very special. I'm sorry I won't get to share any of that with them because I am in Minnesota working. . .but they know I would be there if I could.
My gratitude is overwhelming!!!Thank you to everyone for all of your love and support. . .this has involved a very large 'village' and the needs will be ongoing. I've said this before, but I mean it even more. . . . "I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!"