Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"NEMO FIN" WORKS! WED. OCT.22

From Teresa... During the last few physical therapies when Tami lies on her back with her legs over a bolster, and lifts her left leg, the bicep muscle in her left arm would flex. Yesterday during occupational therapy she acctually got some response out of her left arm! YEAH!!! It took everything she had to repeat it again and again. (about 6 times) Finally!!!! I'm hoping now that it's awakened, things will progress faster. I kept telling her she could be the best one handed massage therapist in St. George, but I really hoped that wouldn't need to be the case. She really misses her job and clients and is looking foreward to getting back to them all.

On Opra yesterday the Dr. that wrote the book "My Stroke of Insight" was interviewed along with Dr. Oz. Tami and I watched it together. It was so enlightening! She enjoyed seeing that she wasn't alone in the things she is dealing with and comparing the symtoms she has and the ones she was blessed not to have. (Tami has all her speech capabilities, THANK GOD!) Anyway I'm glad her dad in Florida called and gave me the heads up that it was on, and because of the time difference we were able to watch it. More Later..Teresa

6 comments:

tara sue said...

Hi tami just wanted to give you an update at massage envy, the new clinic will open in 20 days, and they are bringing in hot rocks. Ya

Talk to you later from tara

Anonymous said...

Tami-
As you can tell by the "counter" on this blog site that you are thought of frequently! Your progress is remarkable! Your perserverance is truly amazing and I'm sure it will get you home soon. Keep it up!
With love and prayers, aunt Beth

Anonymous said...

Great to hear that the "nemo fin" is working. It's amazing what the human body can do! Great to hear all the good news, and sadly, I'm impressed that Marc was watching Oprah; didn't think he was the Oprah type.

Anonymous said...

Tami- You sound like you are doing great! I know there will still be bad days and good days, but you are extremely tenacious. Just wanted you to know that you are still in my thoughts every day and maybe I will get a chance to see you sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Mama TamTam...I miss you so much! I think about you everyday and wish so much that I can come visit you in SLC. Life in San Diego has been very busy. I work all the time. Christine came by and visited me last week & we went and got massages from the school they have here down the street from where I live in Pacific Beach. It was one of the best massages I've received and b/c of it, I got sick the next day! Boy, I must've had lotsa toxins that needed to get out, haha. I'm glad to read of your progress and look fwd to when I can see you and the girls next. I love you!

Goulidng and Christina Stoddard said...

Tami,

Hello! I am a friend of Tami's from First American Title.
Tami you are an amazing person. Reading your story has amazed me and humbled me to my intercore. I have read each of the blog postings. I cried and smiled just thinking of you. I am so happy things are looking up for you. I will be mailing your family a package this week I hope it helps. You are in my thoughts znd prayers. I come to Salt Lake often I will check in on you if that is ok when I come up next.
All of your FTCO friends are reading your blog and are thinking of you. I talked to Sandy and Janece on Friday they both told me about your blog page. I will be checking on you daily. I think you are such a strong person. You keep up all that hard work. You know you could write a book about your story you are amazing....
TONS AND TONS of love
Christina Stoddard ( First American Title)