Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grandma Ann reporting. . . .

When I got back to Salt Lake last Thursday, I hadn’t seen Tami for over two weeks. . they moved her back to ICU the day I had to leave for St. George and she had the 3rd surgery the next day. I was so SAD and FEARFUL! It is only three weeks today since that surgery!

I am STUNNED by her progress. She is working so hard . . . it is difficult to put into words the magnitude of the ‘EFFORT’ involved. I am certainly more aware and appreciative of the mobility I have (even with my old ‘grandma bones’) after watching her. It is inspiring to witness her determination.

In retrospect, I think that last surgery was a huge blessing in disguise. The fact that they were able to successfully replace the piece of skull and allow her to be ‘helmet free’ has enhanced her efforts.

I don’t think she would mind me telling you that she has ‘moments’ when she is sad . . .how could it be otherwise. . . .but her determination to return to Albert and the girls. . .and to be an active participant in their ‘family life’ is formidable.

Teresa has been inspiring from the beginning as well and her commitment to Tami and her well being has touched me deeply.

Aunt Monica, Grandma Toni and all of Albert’s family have been amazing in assisting him and letting no family need slip through the cracks in St. George.

I encourage you to add comments here. . .we are sharing them with Tami.

Again, we all – express HEARTFELT GRATITUDE for the love, prayers, emotional and financial support of so many. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Mom/Gramma Ann
You are so wonderful and giving. Always looking out for every one else, (as does Teresa). It's NOT a wonder why Tami is the way she is! She has a wonderful family surrounding her.
You know that negativety grows when fed, and there are NO worries in that area. I hope you all know that we are AlWAYS thinking of you(ALL).
With love,the FL. gang

Abbie said...

Tami, We can't wait for you to come back to work! We miss you! I have worked on alot of your clients and they have all said that hey miss you too! You are always in my prayers!

Abbie

Simon Birch said...

It's awesome to read about Tami's progress. Wish I was hearing some other news about you, but know that you're continual recovery is in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for your amazing example of tenderness and strength!

Marc Prickett
C81-UCMT