Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tami here, with our weekend fun.

Saturday we went to uncle David's birthday party, at their house. All day Ella said she was going to help uncle David with his candles. Ella is hard to win over, but while I was in the hospital, the girls spent alot of time with family, and David made a soft spot in Ella's heart. He is currently her favorite. I hear he would let her pick large amounts of grapes from our grape vine, and the way to her heart is surely through her tummy. So like she planned, David put her on his lap while we sang, and Ella soaked up the glory, pretending we were singing to her. She then helped him blow the candles out and each time one of the family would say "Hi Ella", she would respond with , " I go to school now." She is so happy to be in the club with her sister, and as their mom it's always fun to see how proud & happy my daughters are.
We ate wonderful food, as always, with Albert's family, and when we went home we brought home the girls cousin for a sleepover. She is 6 and loves playing with the girls. Sunday morning we got our usual weekend breakfast that dad always makes, waffles with whip-cream & strawberries. Then I needed to go to Walmart, so we took the kids to the park first to let them run around, but it was really cold for us sun- soakers, probably 50 or so. It was windy too, so I hid in the truck while dad played with all 3 girls. He is always willing to play. Lucky for me, and for the girls. Then off for the endless Walmart list. Usually we each take one girl and meet at the front. I had the two big girls, Lilli and her cousin. It was the first time Lilli got to walk. It took her about 10 minutes before her excitement wore off, but she was good and stayed close to mom, and I would tell them what we needed and let them put it in the cart. They found that to be very neat, like they were shopping. We came home to have lunch and let them have a nap. Then I was so pleased about getting in the bath last week, so I decided to try it again. A nice peaceful bath. I think I had about 10 minutes before Lilli and Ella were standing right next to the tub, giving me bath toys from their tub, wondering why I didn't have some already, and they want to help mom all the time. So they stood at the door and kept saying "mom just tell us if you need anything." THEY waited... not so patiently... until I was ready to give up on my relaxing bath. They really are sweet! They want to help with anything I need. So I gave in and let them do their favorite thing, and use their always cold little hands, to put lotion on mom's back. They learned this from when Teresa lived here, even the cold hand part. We had to find some way for them to be useful. Now tomorrow is withdrawal day. They both go into shock on Mondays when dad goes back to work, after they have their best buddy home for two days. It's always hard when he leaves. They love mom but on Monday when they wake, they are so sad to see that dad is gone . With mom it's just routine and house junk, with dad it's play and outings. He really has fun with them. Ella tells him," You're just a big boy." I have to agree. The 3 of them are noisy, fun, and silly. Very lucky to have such an active dad for my girls. They just keep getting bigger. I can't believe my Lilli will be 4 in January! How time flies! We both know we only have about 10 years of fun to go, and then trouble, 14 and 13, and they are so sassy, heaven help us! Albert's birthday is next month, and like most, he's not looking forward to being older, and I'm chomping at the bit to be 30! Two years to go, but I imagine how strong I will be by then, and with hope, I'll be wiser as well. I'm so excited for both! I also daydream of how incredibly easy my days will be, as soon as I gain full use of my left arm. I truly feel blessed that my health challenge was hard as heck to begin and NOW I have as long as I need to get better. Most illnesses, it's the other way, it gets progressively worse. Mine was a big wreck and then eased off, not easy, but do-able, I get to know the worst is behind me, and since they found out what caused it, I have full faith it won't ever happen again. Glad to get that out of the way. For those that were there when I woke from the trauma, I had thought I was in the hospital to have a baby. What other reason would a young woman be in the hospital? So I was very sad to find out that wasn't the case, and even though I struggle to keep up with my two, my heart still wants the one from my coma dream. God is mysterious, who knows, maybe I get that baby later in life. I adore my girls, and know I have little angels tearing up my house each day, but there is nothing more magical than a new baby. I continue to dream of my delusional baby at least once a week. I am so glad I got the two real ones first. My memories of the coma are very interesting to me. I remember bits and pieces of reality, in a fog of hallucinations is the best I can describe it. I wish I could update with some photos. We just got some of our Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty from Halloween, and holy crow! They look stunning! I would love to show them off. We are really hoping to get a family photo done before the holidays. We haven't ever had a real one. When we get one, I'll try to get it on here. Well my girls are in bed and I'm ready to follow, as for the entry from my grandma Ann , I had mentioned that I might stop making entries and she obviously doesn't want that, and if it would make her happy I will write them forever! She has been amazing, as always, but so much this last year. She still takes me to my biofeedback therapy most weeks. She scanned a very neat article on it to me, So if anyone would like it I can e-mail it to you. It talks about some special cases where some have recovered from stroke and spinal cord injuries. It's proof that I will get everything back the way I used to be. It'll be hard work, but that's what makes things worth while. I have been so focused on being able to fix the girls hair , it barely occurred to me last week that I will be able to fix mine as well. I hadn't even thought of how useful that will be for me! I had Albert take me to go tanning twice this week. I used to go all the time, 'till I was pregnant. So it had been 3 years since I had gone. I forgot how much I loved it! Since I am always so cold, it felt great to be warm to my bones for awhile. I'm so happy to fit that in, since I'm so pale. I only do about 7 minutes, so Albert and the girls just wait in the truck. It feels good to have even 7 minutes to myself. I asked Albert that on the days he gets to go to the gym I would love to go tan, sounds like a good deal for both of us. Each week gets more comfortable for all of us, as we adjust to our new life. Albert has been going out on his 4wheeler a lot lately. I know that's how he has fun. Last week he crashed and got some road rash, he had the girls taking care of him since I'm mean and had no sympathy. I told him to " suck it up." Lilli said" suck what up, mom?" I know he's itching to go camping again. They haven't been for almost a month, which is long for them , but it's getting colder.
love to all and GOD BLESS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a talent for writing, Tami. I enjoy reading your blogs. Wow - Ella potty trained AND loves to go to school! Isaac (3) was doing well with potty training, but now it is hit and miss - he typically stubbornly refuses with multiple excuses!! He is still attached to mommy and daddy - his first swim lesson recently (with us in sight) only lasted 10 seconds. Next one lasted maybe 20 seconds. Lessons aborted for him! And,ironically, he loves the water - goes under to look at things; jumps in, etc. as long as it is with us! Any who how, have a Happy Thanksgiving. We are truly abundantly blessed! Keep eatting the ice cream :).
love, Beth