Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wed. March 25th

From Teresa... The stroke support group was good again this month. They're great about calling each other with encouragement and well wishes whenever needed. Two of the members were in the hospital last week and calls went out to let them know people cared. The discussion was good and helpful. This Thurs. there is a health fair and the support group has been asked to have a booth to let people know they exist. Tami and I will go over after therapies and put in a half hour or so at the booth.

Tami went camping with Albert and their girls Friday afternoon through Sunday noon. (It's the longest I've been away from Tami since Sept. 2nd.) I had a nice peaceful weekend. She was glad she tried it, but said it will be a few more weeks before she'll attempt it again. She likes her own soft bed only 10 feet from her own bathroom. Walking in the sand was like a weekend of physical therapy, and her cane sank in with every step. When her physical therapist asked her how it went, she said, " I stayed upright! So that was good!" I'm glad she tried it, and knows she can do it. Next time she'll take earplugs. She found all the noise too stimulating especially once she got tired. Anyway... you never know until you try. I played with my beads without any help from curious little hands, read my book, watched movies and got a few cleaning projects done while they were out. But surprisingly, I started missing the little munchkins after only one day! Go figure! Anyway... more later, Teresa.

No comments: