Saturday, March 28, 2009

TAMI'S BACKMARCHSATURDAY 28-2009

HI THERE TO ALL! IT'S SATURDAY & ALBERT TOOK THE GIRLS CAMPING AGAIN WHILE I HAPPILY DECLINED THIS TIME. SO TERESA & I JUST DID MY TAXES AND HAD BREAKFAST AT VILLAGE INN. I HAD A FREE COUPON SO WE ARE IN OUR BUDGET. I AM MISSING MY BEAUTY QUEENS, BUT I ALMOST FINISHED A BOOK IN THE SILENCE . AS TERESA SAID IN THE LAST BLOG, I WAS GLAD I WENT LAST WEEK TO PROVE TO MYSELF THAT I CAN GO CAMPING, BY THE SECOND DAY I WAS REALLY TIRED AND TOO EASILY IRRITATED BY ALL THE NOISE. IT WAS FUN TO BE SURROUNDED BY MY WONDERFUL FAMILY . THEY REALLY ARE THE BEST! BUT I REALLY LIKE BEING AT HOME TOO. MY GIRLS AMAZE ME ALL THE TIME. LILLI ASKED ME THE OTHER DAY ''MOM WHEN YOUR SAD HAND IS BETTER, THEN YOU DON'T NEED YOUR MOM ANYMORE? THAT IF MY HAND GETS BETTER THEN I WONT NEED MY MOM RIGHT. SO SHE HAS PICKED UP ON OUR TALKS, OBVIOUSLY THEY WILL MISS GRAMMA TERESA NOT NEARLY AS MUCH AS GRANDMA WILL MISS THEM THOUGH. FOR SURE & WE KNOW WE CANT SEND GRAMMA HOME UNTIL THE SNOW MELTS IN VERNAL. BUT I AM SOOOOO READY TO BE OVER THIS MOUNTAIN IN OUR LIVES. I FIND MYSELF CHECKING OFF THE DAYS AS IF I WERE IN JAIL OR SOMETHING . I KNOW THAT EACH DAY DONE IS ONE CLOSER TO RECOVERING. THURSDAY WE HAD MY THERAPIES FOR MY HAND AND I HAD TWO NEW MOVEMENTS THAT I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD DO, SO THAT WAS VERY AWESOME FOR ME. I AM STILL SO DETERMINED, BUT I DO HAVE MY MOMENTS WHEN I START FEELING DEFEATED A LITTLE . NOTHING GOES AS FAST AS I WANT IT TO. MY GIRLS KEEP ME HAPPY AND I HAVE TO DO A LOT OF PRAYING , OR BEGGING DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT. THE OTHER NIGHT I DIDN'T TAKE MY USUAL SLEEPING PILLS AND WANTED TO SEE HOW IT WOULD GO. WELL I WAS AWAKE MOST THE NIGHT PLANNING HOW TO WRITE MY STORY. HOW ANNOYING THAT WAS! SO I WAS SURE TO TAKE THE PILLS THE NEXT DAY. I FIND MYSELF TRYING TO THINK OF WAYS TO EXPLAIN WHAT IT IS ALL LIKE ,THIS IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH. MY LIFE BEFORE WAS A HAPPY LITTLE SNOW GLOBE AND THEN A HAMMER HIT IT ON TOP AND EVERYONE TRIED TO HURRY AND COLLECT THE PIECES TO GLUE IT BACK TOGETHER. BUT WE JUST CAN'T GET IT PERFECT . IT WILL ALWAYS HAVE A CRACK IN IT NOW. THERE ISN'T A WAY TO EXPLAIN UNLESS YOU ARE IN IT & I DEFINITELY WOULDN'T WISH FOR ANYONE TO BE IN THIS. IT REALLY SUCKS DAY AFTER DAY ! THANK GOD I KNOW I CAN GET BETTER. IT'S ALL TEMPORARY. SO I KNOW I SHOULD WRITE IT ALL DOWN BECAUSE WITH LUCK AND BLOOD THINNERS I WILL BE OLD SOMEDAY AND MAYBE FORGET IT ALL. THAT COULD BE NICE. BUT I WOULD HATE TO HAVE TO LEARN THIS LESSON AGAIN. ONE DAY I'M HOPING TO EVEN FIGURE OUT WHAT MY LESSON IS THIS TIME AROUND , OTHER THAN HOW TO RELEARN MY BASIC MOTOR SKILLS AND LOTS OF PATIENCE.
GOD BLESS &TAKE CARE. LOVE TAMI

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami, so glad that you experimented with the great outdoors last weekend! How nice for Teresa to have a little "time off," too. Way to go! Still checking up on you and your blog.
love, Beth

Anonymous said...

Tami, it is so nice to read the blogs especially when you write them. We get a sense of your humor when reading them. That is great you went camping and also that you are improving each day even if it seems slow. We are looking forward to maybe seeing you, Teresa and the girls the end of April. Keep up your hard work with the therapies and give the girls a hug and kiss for us. Grandma Rita and I are writing this message together, and we love to read the blogs.
Love Grandma Rita and Lolo

Anonymous said...

Tami,
I think about you all the time especially when I'm watching my little girls playing/fighting together. You have a great positive attitude that will get you through this tough time. I check your blog once a week now and even though improvement seems to be coming slowly to you, "You've come a long way baby."
We love you!
Bernie

devron said...

You amaze me. I sometimes get into a snit about my own pretty close to perfect life. You make me realize I need to be grateful for the little things, like YOU. I love you seetheart and I am so appreciative of your example.
Love Auntie Devron

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Never give up. This last Wednesday we got to celebrate one year cancer free with Travis. It was an amazing feeling. I look at everything as a milestone, even the tiny small things and that makes life worth celebrating. My theory is that when life gets ya down and sad, find some chocolate. Plus I'm gonna leave you with something that is my favorite that has pushed me through every major problem in my life.
"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jerimiah 29:11
We may never understand everything fully in life, but trust that God has something great for you.One last saying from a movie...
"Never give up; never surrender!"
-Tim Allen, Galaxy Quest
Love Becky, Maggie, Giac and your brother Travis

Anonymous said...

Hey Tami and Teresa,
I'm so glad to hear all your comments. You girls are TOUGH...I like that about you grin It sounds like slow progress I know, but still PROGRESS...YEAH!!
Just remember that you're always in so many peoples thoughts and prayers.
Love you tons,
Aunt Chris