Friday, October 1, 2010

September review

WOW! TIME GOES TOO FAST. I KEPT THINKING I'LL GET ON HERE AND TELL ABOUT MY BIRTHDAY. WE WENT OUT TO DINNER AS A FAMILY FRIDAY NIGHT. EVERY TIME THEY WOULD ANNOUNCE ---- PARTY OF 5 YOUR TABLE IS READY, LILLI WOULD LOOK AROUND AND SAY WHERE'S THE PARTY? I WANT TO GO. SO I TOLD HER WE WERE A PARTY OF 4, AND WHEN WE LEFT LILLI SAID "WAIT MOM, WE MISSED THE PARTY FOR 4!" She is always making us laugh!
Sunday morning, my actual birthday, the girls had a cake for me, and we had it for breakfast. Grandma Ann took us to Golden Corral for lunch, and Aunt Patty and Uncle Riley came. It was very yummy and fun. Grandma made me a card to celebrate my 2nd birthday, since I had my 2 year stroke anniversary. I kept joking that I was now 2 years old, since I do feel that way in a lot of areas, that someone hit my reset button and made me start all over.
But really, it was my 29th birthday, which is one I am very happy to have made it to! I think I really had us guessing for awhile.
My birthday celebration lasted a full week, and was wonderful to feel so loved by so many!

In September I also had another e.e.g test, and had my eyes checked again, due to the previous troubles with light and seizures. Happily my eyes have improved since my last test in December. That makes me very happy to know they can improve. My sweet aunt/godmother Liz, has said she will pay for my new " special" glasses that are supposed to help with both indoor light and in turn my headaches. They are a special pink tint. I just have to go get them from a certain doctor, and I think I will just have to learn to use contacts again, and buy some super dark shades for outside.
Until now I have just avoided bright lights and too much sun. I get pretty sick if I push my time in lights, but I'm happy to know these things can be fixed.
My neurologist had discussed a new seizure medicine, but the side effects are weight loss and depression, so I'm not going to switch. I'm not willing to challenge either one of those things.
After 2 full years I have finally gained all my weight back, and people sure notice! I keep getting told that I have gained weight. Good thing I was trying to, so I don't get offended! I WAS EVEN ASKED IF I WAS ON A NEW MED. THAT MAKES MY FACE SWELL. THAT REALLY MADE ME LAUGH! I SAID, " NO I'M JUST GAINING WEIGHT."

IN AUGUST, ALBERT AGREED TO HAVE A CLEANING LADY COME, ONCE A WEEK, TO HELP ME OUT. I HAVE STRUGGLED WITH KEEPING UP ON ALL OF THE CLEANING, WHILE HAVING BOTH GIRLS HOME. I KNOW WOMEN DO THIS ALL THE TIME, WITH MORE KIDS, BUT I WILL FULLY ADMIT, I REALLY SUCK AT KEEPING UP WITH ALL THE HOUSE WORK ALONE. SINCE ALBERT'S WORKING OUT OF TOWN, I WAS FEELING LIKE I WAS DROWNING BY THE TIME HE WOULD COME HOME. HE WOULD SAY HE DIDN'T WANT TO HELP, AND WOULD RATHER PAY SOMEONE TO HELP.
AT FIRST, I WAS VERY OFFENDED, BECAUSE I KNOW THAT, AS THE OLD ME, I WAS FINE, BUT ONCE I GOT OVER THAT, I ABSOLUTELY EMBRACED THE IDEA! AND NOW I LOVE HAVING HER COME! SHE IS A FRIEND OF AUNT MONICAS, AND MOST OF THE TIME I HAVE HER HELP WITH LAUNDRY.
I JOKE THAT I JUST HAD TO HAVE A STROKE TO FINALLY GET A MAID. THE GIRLS CONTINUE TO KEEP ME GOING EVERY DAY. MY SAD HAND IS STILL SAD, BUT I'M NOT GIVING UP HOPE ON IT. I HAVE REALLY DEVELOPED A GRUDGE AGAINST IT THOUGH.
I WILL HAVE TO START A NEW ENTRY SOON, SINCE TIME GETS AWAY FROM ME, AND I WANT TO KEEP A GOOD RECORD OF MY JOURNEY.
GOD BLESS LOVE TAMI

No comments: