Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday June 4,2009

From Teresa.....Hard to believe it's been two weeks since I've updated this blog! I drove to Vernal and worked and now tomorrow I'm on my way to do it again for Sat. and Sun. Today I took Lilli and Ella in for their Well-child check-ups and immunizations. They weren't too pleased with the shots, but the stickers, suckers, shinny band aids, and treasure chest they got to choose out of , made it a little more tolerable. They are both healthy and on track for their ages. Then we took Tami to get new glasses. The good news was the doctor only found a little bit of peripheral vision loss. It looks like her brain is rerouting or healing since the last check in November. I choked at the price of glasses, but I understand that's the norm. We did get the extra warranty to replace frames or lenses if anything unexpected happens to them. (Little fingers trying to "Help Mom" with them.) The bright sunlight makes it harder for Tami to see, so she got the "transition" lenses in them. We had tried to save money last time by using the frames from an old pair of glasses. They were fragile and couldn't be tightened too much. As a result they keep sliding down her nose and she tilts her head back to see. That has to make her neck sore. So hopefully these will be better.


Ella turned 2 on May 29th. She is a little echo of everyone in the house.She repeats everything she hears. She got a set of 4 "glass slippers." Lilli was very happy that there were enough to share. They have been clomping around the house in them ever since! On Sat. there was a big party with family and friends. It turned out nice.

Next weekend we are all going up to Vernal for my nephew Chad's wedding, and I plan on staying there. Albert, Tami and the girls will come home to manage without me. I've been trying to line up ways for Tami to get blood work checked and other things done. She's getting better slowly but surely. More later...Teresa.

No comments: