Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wed. Nov.26th

From Teresa... We went for blood work on Mon. hoping to hear the numbers were between 2 and 3. They were only 1.2 so the cumidin was increased and shots continued. Another blood draw this morning with new hope, but the level was only up to 1.4, so another increase in the pill dose and more shots until the next blood draw on Mon. morning. Poor Tami keeps thinking we are finished with the shots and it just isn't so. The good news is eventually we will get the proper dosage and really be done with the needles.

All three therapists gave her homework over the holiday weekend. She is finally able to put a little weight on her left leg again although the fall has shaken her confidence in her ability to walk . The OT has her rolling on her left side to remind her body that it's still part of her. That helps put weight and pressure on the shoulder muscles and joint.(which is a good thing.) He feels that she will be able to get use of her left arm and hand again. I was very glad to hear that! Speech is working on her voice control and volume, along with math and cognitive skills.

Monday night she was so sore from the workouts that we took up the Massage Envy people on their offer of a free massage for both her and I. We were in the same room together so I could help her dress and get on and off the table. It was fabulous! We both LOVED it. They were great with us, so patient and gave us each the type of massage we requested. We are looking foreword to the next visit.

Thanksgiving will be spent with Albert's family up at his grandma Toni's house in Enterprise.We have a lot to be thankful for this year! Wishing each and every one of you a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving. More later...Teresa.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Teresa,

It is Regina, from Curves. I am so happy that things are going so well and that Tami is home, especially for the holidays. I bet it feels so good for Tami. Please tell Tami that her family, herself, and you weigh on my mind often. I am hoping for the best and it sounds like she has the best. I am truly happy that she is home and that she was able to see her girls. I would like to send a card to you guys is there a particular place to send it? I wish you all the best and hope that your Thanksgiving was a joy together as a family.

Happy Holidays,
Regina

Jane said...

Hello, This message is for Tami. Tami it is Jane Musters. I just heard about what happened today. I just want to tell you that I love you and I am praying for you and your family. I wish I would have known so that I could have done something for helped out with your family. Tami I know that you can bounce back. In the time that I have know you, you have always stood out as a fighter who can achieve anything you set your mind to. You are a strong. I pray for your family. I still remember the time you called me and told me how you met this cute guy Albert and later how your were expecting your girls. Your family is so precious and I know how much you love them and how much they need you. Tami I would love to talk whenever you are up to it. jane

Anonymous said...

Tami,

Lari & I just found out a couple of days ago about your stroke and it hit both of us like a ton of bricks. I wish there was more we could do for you, Albert & the girls. I remember visiting earlier this year and thinking about how beautiful those girls were, and how much I could tell both of you loved them. As new parents, our hearts were broken that you've missed some time with them...but you've got so much more time to look forward to and I'm sure you are more grateful now to still have them than words can express.

I guess it's hard not to personalize your experience and wonder what I'd ever do if something were to happen to Lari? I just hope I'd be half the man Albert has been. I won't even try to understand how hard it's been for both of you. All I kept thinking was, "man, that sucks SO bad."

I was pleased to hear from Lari that it sounds like you are hanging in there. I'm glad that you are back home with your girls and Al. When Lari called to tell me about your massive stroke, I was SERIOUSLY relieved that one, it happened on the right-side of your brain & two, YOU are still here!

Please hang in there. I know you will. I'm thrilled you are going to get through this and see your girls through their lives.

We love you.

Eric & Lari Frandsen