Tuesday, November 4, 2008

RECOVERY INCLUDES CHALLENGES


GRANDMA ANN SAYS. . . . . . .Our precious Tami is a MIRACLE. Thank you to IMC and the incredible staff for their efforts and expertise on this challenging road to recovery.

When things work. . . .we are anxious to share her wonderful progress with the world. We are so proud of her determination, attitude and strong will . .but along the way. . .the ‘real’ world of Tami’s physical therapy also includes anxiety, fear, PAIN and discouragement.

The last day I spent in Salt Lake with her (Wed, 10/30) was particularly difficult. The work on her left arm was excruciating. Our “Tami-no-tears” shed tears as BIG as her pretty blue eyes. (Grandma joined her.) When she walks, she gets from point A to point B. . . . .but the absolute concentration and effort it takes is impossible for me to describe. When they want her to stand or take steps without the cane it is FRIGHTENING! She can’t depend on her limbs. My words are inadequate in expressing the difficulty.

That evening I asked her if there was anything she would like me to write for the blog. She didn’t say anything, but I could see the wheels turning. . . I waited and then I said, “This sucks?” (I don’t usually use that phrase, but I thought I was reading her mind.) She nodded in agreement.

She called me later that night and told me a couple of things that I could write on the blog. “Thank heavens for Lilli and Ella. They’re keeping me going. I think I’ve gone through some hard times, but this is the hardest thing I can ever imagine going through. I hope God doesn’t try to top this.”

Tami is excited to be going home. . .I know Albert and the girls are excited to have her home. We will all try desperately to make that transition go smoothly and support her in the long and difficult road ahead. She is looking forward to reconnecting with family and friends in St. George.

Thank you for keeping Tami in your prayers. Thank you for your love and support. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Tami
Almost every single time I read one of these blogs I cry (I know that's not saying much 'cause that's jus' the way I am). But seriously, I cry when it's happy OR sad. Any thing that touches my heart (again...I know...I must wear it on my sleeve).
I'm excited for you Tami and scared for you too.
Your girls are a couple of Gods best gifts he could ever give you.
Children really keep us goin'. Don't they?!!?
God really does do some real cool stuff (even if we can't see greater picture).
I love and care about you Tami!
You're always in my thoughts!!!
Love ya BUNCHES!!!!!
Hang in there and keep up the great work/progress!!!