Sunday, November 9, 2008

TAMI’S HOMECOMING – Saturday, November 8th

A birthday party was planned so the little girls and Albert could help her celebrate the birthday she missed while she was in a coma in Salt Lake. Here’s what Tami said:
“I am so excited and grateful to be HOME. Albert made his special hamburgers and a wonderful birthday cake. Lilli put my tiara on me (the one ‘Aunt Riley’ bought for my helmet) and they sang Happy Birthday. Lilli was so excited and sweet. . she is Mommy’s little helper…so caring and gentle. It is awesome to hear all of Ella’s new words. Ella watched me walk down the hall last night (I throw my left leg out a bit ) and she was trying to walk like me. Lilli got all excited and ran down the hall saying, Mommy went potty on the big girl potty. I have tried to explain to Lilli that there are ‘sad cries’ and’ happy cries.’ She just came up to me and asked me to ‘CRY HAPPY.’ THEY ARE SO FUN! Albert told Lilli he would clean up after Ella if she would clean up after me. We are very glad to have our family together. Thanks again to Aunt Monica and Albert’s family for taking such good care of our babies. We’ll still need help, I’m sure. And Thanks to Teresa, she has been a trooper. She has always said she could never be a nurse because she doesn’t like needles and she could NEVER give a shot. She is NOW giving me blood thinner shots twice a day. We both hope I don’t have to take them forever. Thanks Mom!”

Note from Grandma Ann: What a thrill to see Tami at home with her family. Tami reported on the fun stuff. . .I’ll tell you a little about the transition. Albert is installing a new toilet today that will be easier for Tami to use and they are evaluating where hand rails will be most helpful. We have picked up the first of the medications and one prescription (1 mo) cost almost $500. After insurance, it only cost $170. . .what a bargain (actually I should say ‘what a blessing!’)

This next week is a lot of NEW . . .new doctors, new out-patient physical therapy sessions. . .many adjustments. Tami rarely lets anyone see her discouraged (but we know that has to be an occasional reality). She is determined and goal oriented. Thanks again for all of your prayers, love and support. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami- It is so good to hear that you are home with your family. I have been reading the blog weekly and am so inspired by your strength. I know your girls are excited to have you home. And I know you will only get better with them around. Just know I am thinking and praying for you. And if you ever need anything I am here to help. Keep strong and always believe in yourself.
Love,
Shauntae Lenhart
former co-worker at America First St. George

Ashley said...

How are you Tami? We are SO thrilled that you are home now! We hope you are doing great and we hope that life will settle down now a little for you. We will come and visit you when you are up to it.
All our love,
The Prices and Thackers (from M.E.)