Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wed. Jan.14,2009

From Teresa... I got Tami on the scales the other day and she is up to 102 lbs. Yeah! Finally more than a 98 pound weakling! Any food she says sounds good to eat, I try to get for her. Her dad came out Thurs. and flew back to Florida Sun. He bought all the fixings for a pot roast and she's been enjoying it since. He also took her to get her blood work checked and to therapies on Friday. Her blood levels are right where they need to be, so we are to keep the same dosage and get checked again in two weeks. They went out to lunch at Applebees (one of Tami's favorite places) and had a nice daddy daughter date. On Sat. afternoon Albert cooked his famous carne asada tacos and had family and friends come over. It was nice.

Tomorrow is the stroke support group meeting again. I'm looking forward to it, and I think Tami is too. It's a nice,welcoming, and loving group of people.( about 15 or so). Last month Tami was in her wheel chair, this time she should be walking in on her own. She also went blond, they may not recognize her. Anyway....

Lilli will turn 3 on Sat. Jan.17th. The birthday party is scheduled to be held at the local swimming pool. Lilli is so good with Tami, handing her things that drop or get tossed by sister Ella. She's always asking us questions that keep us on our toes. Her communication skills are so good that it's hard to remember that she's only 3! Tami's girls are what keep her going when she might be tempted to give up. They are little blessings! (I try to remember that as I pick up after them, and change dirty diapers.) I'm trying to stay in the moment and appreciate my time with them, because I realize this is only temperary and I'll miss it when it's over. Anyway...that's it for now....Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We still love hearing the progress of Tami. Thanks for the postings. You are in our thoughts and prayers often. Love Lolo